Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Edgy Veggy - Deli, Cafe, Delivery: Frozen Bite



Sometimes, over planning gets you into trouble and you find yourself in the middle of a parking lot at 12 noon pretending to talk to someone on your phone while you wait for more than an hour to be summoned for your interview. In this case, you are obviously me. I started to look suspicious and the guards of the building are giving me the crazy eye. I had to get out of the parking lot somehow and ASAP.

I found my sanctuary in a building at Three Brixton Street in Ortigas, Pasig City. It happens to be adjacent to the company I'm applying for and I really need to sit down because my I've been fake calling myself for the past 15 minutes. 

Edgy Veggy - Deli, Cafe and Delivery is sort of a healthy diet restaurant, to which I guess is borderline vegan. Now, I don't have any intention of having a full course meal, I just need shade and a comfy chair. The smiling waiter greeted me and handed me a menu card. And apparently, my wallet quite did a somersault on the prices, which range to 3-4 digits, an above average price list. But i'm already here, so I ordered the cheapest thing on the menu which is a Chocolate flavored deluxe Ice cream.

And boy, it was deluxe. It was by far, one of the best ice cream flavors I've ever tasted. It's a mix of salty, sweet and nutty all at the same time. Even though the serving was a bit disappointing because it seemed to be serve in a petri dish, the flavor is without a doubt euphoric. 

I did bought time and comfort by eating ice cream at a pricey restaurant, but I did quite enjoy the charm of their little space. They have double height ceilings, so they were able to put a nice little mezzanine on the side. There's also a comfy couch by the entrance and a charming tiled graphic floor, to which I really like.

It's a small enough place to pass by, but that place was by far the restaurant to which I tasted the best ice cream. 





No comments:

Post a Comment