Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Cafe Alberto: A Delightful Treat


It's highly unlikely that I'll take off and do something risky or anything new. I'm a creature of habit and that leaves me in my own imaginary limited comfort zone. I'm not proud of it though, but that's what works for me.

Now I happen to address that I would be doing something new every month (this was way back in January, and this post is more than long overdue) and so I did.

All it takes is a home-bound bus ride to Laguna. If you know me, I'll get on the terminal and get off at the end terminal, no gist, no surprise, straight to the point routine. But then, I was feeling really hungry and if I wait to have my food, I'd wait for another 30 minutes or so. And that's when I decided to jump off at the first decent restaurant I saw. And ta-da~! Cafe Alberto.

For years, I went back and forth Manila that I saw this little cafe right beside the National Road in Sta. Cruz Laguna, exactly at the center of the Sambat intersection. You can easily miss it because it is right along the lines of those other food stalls. But with its front yard and welcoming ambiance, you might really want to consider stopping by.


It was downtime when I came in. Lots of seats. Mirrored paneled walls, nice comfy rattan seats and even more nice place mats. The place has a modern-rustic feel to it because of their choice of furniture and also because they serve Italian cuisine and luscious array of desserts.


And I, love, no, WORSHIP desserts. It's like a reward for eating a full course meal and being guilty about it, but the dessert says, 'it's alright, you can continue your diet tomorrow.' They have mini Chocolate Cakes, Vanilla Cakes and my favorite... Blueberry Cheesecakes~! Then again, I was contemplating whether to get the cheesecake or the yema cake, which is downright delicious. It's a modern twist to the 'Yema' flavor. Mostly made up of sweetened milk and peanuts. And of course, I also ordered a Carbonara to be guilty with.







I ended up my happy meal of the day with a big bowl, yes, bowl, not cup - bowl, of coffee. They have big servings of coffee and in the exact amounts that you will consume with a solo mini blueberry cheesecake.



And of course, it was a delightful experience, so I had to bug the waitress to take a photo of me and my nice bowl of coffee. A delightful indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment