Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Preacher's Daughter

It's no surprise that every Christmas, my cousins and I, conduct our little Photo Shoot for the sake of a Facebook default picture. But even though some of my models were busy rehearsing for the town's Christmas play, we still made it work.

My cousin, B, was more than ready to pose for me. She kept bugging me to have a photo shoot that afternoon, when I agreed, she zoomed pass by me, grabbed her clothes, shoes and accessories in less than a minute and produced, well, 3 perfectly mixed-and-matched outfits. For a 16 year old with that much of a fashion sense, I'm impressed and it reminded me faintly of someone *cough*. It cut my work in half and all I have to do is her make-up. And so we head to our usual photo shoot spot down by my uncle's place and spent the afternoon there. Oh, I just had to mention K, B's little brother for helping out with the shoot/torturing B.

We worked fast since the light is already going out. I also get to use a 1.8/50mm Prime lens during that time borrowed from my cousin Vo. I unfortunately lost mine. Then we experimented on phone applications for lighting supports, flashes are very helpful, mind you. Always give them a chance and never underestimate the power of talc powder, they are great smoke effects - that or cigarettes. I'll let you choose your own poison. Haha. Anyhoo, I had fun shooting my cousin on that beautiful golden sunset glow. 

Most of the editing are done in Lightroom and Photoshop. I only added curves and some photo filters. No major manipulation done. The title is honed from a movie I recently saw, The Preacher's Daughter. Quite appropriate I must say. More photos on my Dropr Account~!

Anyhoo, here are the end results: Please Enjoy~!














No comments:

Post a Comment