Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Serenity's Garden



Serenity's Garden
"I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
- Firefly theme song by Joss Whedon
Hello everyone~! What I have for you today is a nice little art post. And it is dedicated to the great Audrey Kawasaki. I've been inspired by her art for almost a year now and I came to love her gaggle of girls that all seem to be staring beyond understanding. The sensuality and honesty of her works urges me to grab a pencil asap and create my own.

Whitefall
However, my style seems to be unknown yet. I recall saying to myself that one day I will be meeting my own style and we'll be best friends. I tried experimenting a lot to discover my style, but nothing seems to stick. So I thought, be patient. I need to be inspired and to practice. And practice I did, inspired by Audrey Kawasaki's wonderful world, I try to make my own little Oz.

Ariel
Despite diverting from her style, I seem to adopt it, yet it comes out differently. It's a bit odd. Here I am thinking, 'Okay, I'll try to do some Audrey-like pieces for some practice. But no, this ain't like it yet it reminds me of her style somehow.' I can't say that I'm comparing myself to Audrey (that would be blasphemy), but the reason why it transpires somewhat like hers is that, I came to love her work because I know what my taste in art is. I know which way to go.

Shadow
Also, this is a refreshing method for me. Gone are the line arts and stiff strict lines with harsh colors (or no colors at all). I sometimes wonder how my sketches look so cool, yet when I ink it in, it is awful. So I kept the sketch, clean it a bit, color it in. and lo and behold, it did improve a lot. The water color treatment adds a pit of poetry and movement which results to a very dreamlike image that I like very much. I am indeed happy with this outcome, I think I'll be meeting my own style soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment